Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 11...Cuuuuuuuurvebaaaaaaall!!

Howdy everyone! You came into this blog today expecting the same 'ol same ol. But you'll be leaving with your jaw on the ground. But we'll get to that later ;)

What I ate yesterday:
Lunch: (why put breakfast, you already know what I had) Beef with onions sauteed in red wine vinegar and melba toast. No fruit.
Dinner: 100g of shrimp and 2 roma tomatoes sliced. No melba toast. No fruit.
*They say if you have hit a wall with the weight loss, try cutting out the fruit. So I did.

Weight yesterday: 245.1
Weight today: 244 even

Yes, losing 1.1 was awesome! I got over that wall. Its wonderful!

But...

I was starving all day.

With the stress that has been going, my mental/emotion/physical state was way below normal. After much discussion with my weight loss partner...ie, my mom...we've decided...

Please be sitting down, this may shock you.

And please don't faint. I don't have insurance to cover your medical expenses.

We've decided to switch gears. While I am very grateful for the 13.4 lbs lost, I'm not happy. My cravings have not subsided, my concentration is awful, and my mood...well, let's just say I could audition for Jekyll and Hyde.

What 'gear' are we switching to, you may ask? The Atkins diet. I know, I know, you're probably rolling your eyes and muttering "oh geeze," but I have to try something else. My body is not functioning with the HCG. While its awesome for some people, it's not for me. With the Atkins, I can increase my protein intake while still cutting out the sugars and breads.

We've joined to the online community that will help us keep track of what we eat, weight lost, and to keep accountability to each other. This is another/different journey that I'm still going on with my mom. The HCG was hard enough, I couldn't imagine doing it alone.

Now excuse me while I go have an egg for breakfast!

Cheers to a new adventure! *cling*

No comments:

Post a Comment