Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 9

My mom and I learned a VERY big lesson yesterday. We can NOT go out to eat-at all- while on this diet. As our Sunday norm, we met my grandparents at Cracker Barrel after church for lunch. As a precursor, we are very easy people to wait on. We order normal things off of the menu, no special requests. Because of the diet, 2 out of 5 of us were a waitors nightmare. Long story short, I ended up ordering their steak, as dry as I could get it, and a side of sliced tomatoe. My mom brought her portable scale so we could measure our food. However, there was a mixup of how much 'cooked' steak I could have and ended up eating too much. Anywhooo...

What I ate yesterday
Breakfast: Coffee, followed by coffee, with a side of coffee
Lunch: 4 oz of steak (when it should have been 3) that was cooked with seasoning (that they said didn't have sugar) but seemed too juicy to be as dry as I could get it and a sliced tomatoe. I forgot my melba toast and they don't give a 'side' of strawberries (even tho they're already sliced for the parfaits).
Dinner: 100g of crab (yes, we splurged), 2c cucumber (but I didn't eat it all), melba toast, and strawberries.

The results could have been much worse. With the 'off the wagon' lunch I had and not eating the amount of food I was supposed to, I could have gained. But I didn't.

I lost 0 pounds for the day.

I'm a little bummed but I was expecting worse. Today, I am sticking to this thing a lot tighter than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment